Tips to become a self made Digital Marketing Expert
Consumers generally tend to spend more time using the internet and less time with other channels. The same trend is applicable with advertisers while the ads are the real target to attract respective consumers.
However, digital marketing has a different strategy compared to traditional marketing. Yet the perfect results occur with digital marketing, when executed properly. There are several courses on digital marketing which are being offered as workshops, online courses.
Google Adwords certification along with regular Marketing certification program is one of the aspects to become Digital Marketing Expert and for applying Digital Marketing Jobs. Besides, start practicing digital marketing to master it and you may start doing it at a very small scale.
The required stuff for starting the practice into digital marketing is a computer, an internet connection and a small amount of money to spend for the results. You can learn digital marketing by applying the concepts in your own mini-project.
Here are the things you can do right to become a self made Digital Marketing Expert:
- Choose a topic you are interested in and start a blog about it. The costs may vary depending on the domain and hosting services per year.
- Research about SEO and start writing SEO optimized articles in your blog.
- Install and explore Google Analytics to see if you are getting some traffic to your blog.
- Sign up with an Adwords account and do some keywords research to see what people are searching for in Google to find information on the topic you are blogging about.
- Publish more articles on your blog and connect with people on social networks with an official account for your blog.
- Embed social sharing buttons in your blog articles. You can do this using WordPress plugins and it is free.
- Also try MailChimp for promoting your blog or small business.
- Embed email signup forms in your blog and collect subscribers. Email subscribers whenever you publish something in your blog.
- Promote your blog via Adwords and signup for Google Adsense.
Components of Digital Marketing
- Content marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Paid Search (PPC)
- Email marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Digital Display Marketing (Ad Ops)
- Web Analytics and Reporting
- Mobile Marketing
30 hours of experience does not make you an expert in Digital Marketing but you can apply for SEO jobs as a qualified digital marketing professional. This is indeed much better than most of the people out there on the market.