Charity People Ltd
Charity People is thrilled to be working with the Eden Project Communities in their search for their new Social Media Manager. We warmly welcome candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this role. We are looking for individuals to culturally add to this organisation rather than fit an existing cultural mould, so if you are part of a community that has traditionally been minoritised and underrepresented by the charity sector, we would love to hear from you and will do everything possible to make this a smooth, supportive and fair application process for you.
The Eden Project Communities’ global mission is to create a movement that builds relationships between people and the natural world. They are a growing movement, working on and developing projects locally, nationally, and internationally. Their work is underpinned by the understanding that we need to live with the grain of nature and that everything is interconnected. Their projects aim to stimulate, educate, and empower. Eden Project Communities explores the interconnectedness of all living things and demonstrate the power of what people can do when they come together to protect the planet.
Working within the Digital, Marketing and PR teams, you will be the social media lead, and will undertake the following key responsibilities:
* Contribute to and deliver a digital engagement strategy to engage our community, excite the people of the UK in Eden Project Communities work and to encourage active public participation in our core campaign activities.
* Design and deliver low cost digital campaigns and activities to create a step change in our reach and engagement levels. Working to identify audiences, influencers and amplifiers, develop approaches and cultivate relationships to support campaign delivery and strategy development.
* Lead the ongoing development of social media channels through creation of digital marketing collateral with support from the marketing team and identify and oversee delivery of materials required for future campaigns including films, graphics, photography, Gifs, content, e-comms etc
* Develop and manage all digital marketing channels and activities day to day to engage our existing audiences across the UK and appeal to new audiences, ensuring messaging and tone is in line with our branding and values and adheres with any data protection or other rules as required.
* Plan, create and schedule social media content including written posts, photos, graphics, videos and competitions. Liaise with the wider team and external agencies to maximise the impact of our social media strategy and content, ensuring our funders and sponsors are built into key messages and we provide fun and engaging content through our own work and by amplifying that of valued partners.
* Provide analysis of the effectiveness of our content through regular reporting including key metrics such as reach, impressions and engagement, report performance in team meetings and adjust digital strategy accordingly.
Ideally, you will have previous experience in a similar role, driving behaviour change and participation through digital means, with an in-depth knowledge of current digital social media trends and tactics, showing professional competence in this area.
You must be collaborative, clear in your communications, and be comfortable in a fast-paced campaign environment with a high volume of activity; you will routinely need to reprioritise plans and activities to meet changing needs of the organisation at short notice with pace and accuracy. You must be an adaptive thinker, relying on best practice and experience to identify new approaches to extending their campaign reach.
Location: Home based anywhere in the UK
Salary: circa £30,000
Closing date: 6th December
1st Interview: 9th, 10th, and 13th December
2nd Interview: 16th and 17th December
If you’re interested in hearing more about this great opportunity, please send your CV to Alice at Charity People.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.