At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) is one of the largest Government Departments and one of the country’s biggest organisations. Almost every individual and business in the UK is a direct customer of HMRC. We collect in excess of £500 billion a year in revenue from over 50 million customers across the UK.
We are an effective, efficient and impartial tax and payments authority with a vital purpose: To collect the money that pays for the UK’s public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support.
We are the HR team for the UK’s tax and customs authority, a strategic partner and service provider to HMRC’s business. We are dedicated to enabling leaders and managers to improve the experience for people across HMRC; creating the capabilities we need to deliver our business; and enabling our people to deliver HMRC’s vision for our customers.?
Our vision is to be an outstanding HR team, focused on enabling leaders and managers to improve the experience for colleagues across HMRC and to create the capabilities we need to deliver our business. We will do this through being values driven, insight led, outcome focused, agile and expert.
Our team’s main aim is to present HMRC as a great place to work and an employer for all. We want to find and attract the right people to come and have a career with us. We do this by creating engaging, externally-facing recruitment content to be used on a variety of external platforms and channels.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic marketing professional to lead our content and channels team in recruitment marketing. The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of Recruitment, Marketing and Attraction, contributing to developing and implementing an employer brand, deputising where necessary, and leading and motivating a small team of two Channels and Content Managers and one Channels and Content Adviser.
You will maintain strategic oversight of our external marketing channels; The HMRC careers site, our recruitment focused blog, LinkedIn Life pages, social channels and of our content and recruitment marketing products. The channels and content team are also responsible for running Facebook groups to facilitate the onboarding of candidates joining our largest business areas; customer compliance group and customer services group.
As a Senior Recruitment Marketing Manager you will support the team in making sure we have cover for the groups and leading the evaluation. They will develop a strong knowledge of the whole Recruitment Marketing, Attraction and Outreach function to support joined up working across the team.
It’s a great time to join, as our team has just become part of Talent Acquisition and Induction within the HR Learning and Talent directorate. We support HMRC to become a more inclusive employer with a rich and diverse workforce, which is representative of the communities it serves.
At HMRC, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organisation. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided with reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process.
• Support the Head of Recruitment, Marketing and Attraction with developing and implementing HMRC’s Employer Brand and deputising where required (during periods of leave and at meetings).
• Line manage two Channels and Content Managers and one Channels and Content Adviser (the team may grow in the future).
• Have strategic oversight of our external recruitment marketing channels and content for external recruitment marketing products.
• Overall accountability for Facebook group activity. Look at evaluation, suggest improvements. Make sure we have resource to cover the day-to-day running.
• Form strong working relationships with HMRC Communications, particularly the Digital Engagement Team, Social Media Team, Creative Services and Press Office.
• Work with external marketing/brand agencies.
• Work closely with team members responsible for placing job adverts, managing external job board suppliers and providing candidate packs, to make sure all activity is joined up.
• Help create a positive working environment for the team by being professional, enthusiastic and sensitive to team member’s individual needs.
• Maintain strategic overview of all recruitment marketing activities (alongside Head of Recruitment, Marketing and Attraction).
You are required to demonstrate experience of the following within your application:
• Experience of working marketing / communications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage a busy workload and stay focused on priorities.
• Stakeholder management skills.
• Strong track record of building effective working relationships.
• Excellent Leadership and people management skills.
• A Marketing or Communication qualification (such as CIM or similar).
• Experience of working in talent acquisition or recruitment.
Please Note: The successful applicant for this role will need to be eligible for and willing to undergo standard BPSS Checks following appointment into the post