Kelvedon Hatch, Essex
Job Profile Summary
Responsible for managing a large team to establish and implement programmes to deliver safe, reliable and compliant operations and ensure the maintenance of HS&E management systems and regulatory compliance, contributing to strategic development for HS&E and driving the safety behaviours to ensure the business is informed and focused on managing safety and reducing risk.
What the role does!
– Development of policy, global HSE&C strategic priorities and implementation of processes and tools to support new business models within FM&S.
– Establish and implement enduring processes for HSE&C that influence a step change in how programmes are implemented and supported.
– Develop a consistent and agile approach to deploying HSE&C expertise, supporting short term interventions to develop sustainable capability and programmes to improve safety performance underpinning systematic operating.
– Provide expertise, advice and identify risks associated with new activities and business development opportunities across all regions.
– Work with industry specialists and NGO’s to build external networks to be able to provide deep expertise in areas of new technology such as EV charging, Autonomous vehicles, bio technology and other new markets.
– Lead and deliver an independent review of risk management plans to the global business leadership and make formal tactical and strategic (+3 years) recommendations.
– Support and provide assurance of HSE&C emerging risks and new business risk assessments.
– Create and embed a risk tool to allow consistent assessment across the regions and businesses.
– Facilitate Safety & Operational Risk Committee meetings, identifying and communicating key HSE&C risks to senior leadership on a consistent and routine basis.
– Influence SVP level discussions on the development of project risk business models and execution of HSSE improvement plans.
– Coach global FM&S leadership to ensure proficiency around key HSE risks, global safety and operational management, safety leadership culture, human performance, and implementation of change including technical coaching and rigour in Risk Management.
– Establish relationships with enabling functions and SME resources required for allocation in response to new business opportunity requests.
– Develop the HSE&C vision and framework for FM&S entities with a mentality of continuous improvement.
– Develop a fit for purpose Operating Management System, assessment of conformance, systematic management, and application of continuous improvement.
– Lead global and regional team safety meetings, collaborating with other business groups to identify trends, areas of focus and sharing lessons learned across bp group globally.
– Own and develop incident investigation processes including identification and training of staff.
– Develop effective Emergency Response and Crisis Management Plans.
– Prepare the FM&S HSE&C strategic 3-to-5-year programme including the Annual Operating HSSE plans to implement the same strategy.
What we need from you!
We are looking for someone with a degree level qualification and, preferably, a professional certification in safety (e.g. NEBOSH). You will have significant experience working in HSSE, process safety or operational roles within a multifaceted environment balancing multiple priorities. Deep knowledge of HSE Management systems and organisational learning is crucial. The successful candidate will also have substantial experience dealing with external competent authorities whilst inspiring change and performance as part of a senior leadership team within a diverse global environment.
To be successful in the role you will need to work effectively in a team environment and have a consistent record of managing multiple priorities, flexing to respond to unanticipated events as needed. The ability to utilise strong analytical and program management skills in both operational and strategic scenarios is crucial. Strong influencing and communication skills are paramount.
Please note this role is based in London, UK.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Customers & Products
Job Family Group
CUSTOMER AND PRODUCTS
We’re gearing up for the future. At bp our goal for C&P is to deliver the future of mobility, energy and services for our customers by innovating with new business models and service platforms.
C&P will become a hub, housing our midstream, lubricants, aviation, sale of chemicals, mobility and convenience, marketing and our next-generation businesses, making it a highly integrated and interconnected organisation. And with safety being our core value, our commitment to safe and reliable operations will never change.
Want to join the team? This means:
• being customer-centric, agile and responsive to changing customer needs and dynamic markets
• focusing on growth and development of customer offers
• optimising the chemicals and fuels value chains to maximise integrated value
• contributing to the reduction of carbon intensity of the products we create, and sell, by 50% by 2050 or sooner
• creating strategic partnerships that drive long-term value for C&P
• being digitally enabled and empowered by customer insights and data to deliver solutions