The PPMA Group of Associations comprises 3 associations: PPMA (processing and packaging machinery association), BARA (British Automation & Robot Association) and UKIVA (UK Industrial Vision Association). The PPMA is at the next stage of its future development and is driving a strategic vision to enhance service delivery to its members. The association is in its 32nd year of activity, is well established and highly regarded within the industry. It serves over 500 member companies, which are predominantly based in the UK, but with many having a global reach. The main goal of the association is to improve the business performance of its member companies via an array of activities and services including trade shows, publications, advertising, public relations, international services, networking events, training seminars etc.
An excellent team player and communicator is essential. The ideal candidate will be personable and confident, and capable of integrating into our close-knit team of professionals, as well as building strong relations with our members, external stakeholders, suppliers and contractors.
PPMA Publishing forms a major part of the PPMA’s business and membership benefits package, publications include – Machinery Update, The Machinery Directory, The PPMA Show catalogue and a range of supporting web platforms and services.
This role comes at an exciting period of change within the publishing team as we progress with the development of our digital offerings and will enable the successful candidate to build our portfolio for the future. The role has potential to grow into face-to-face meetings involving travel as part of the sales development programme.
The PPMA will pay a competitive basic salary to the right candidate, along with an achievable and lucrative bonus structure. On top of this, there will be opportunities to join the company pension and private healthcare schemes, along with the life and critical health insurance policies that are provided to employees.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
* To develop the sales of our existing Machinery Finder pages in Machinery Update and electronic platforms
* Sales in the Show Catalogue, logos and display advertising
* Machinery Directory advert sales
* Web platform sales and sponsorships
* The role will involve attending relevant exhibitions, attending PPMA events and PPMA member companies at their premises. There may be occasion when staying away on business is required
* Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts
* Must be resourceful and take initiative even when given minimal direction
* Superior time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
* Manage Machinery Finder renewals and develop a sales programme to grow the section.
(Targeted to maintain and increase revenues within the Machinery Finder section for print and online)
* Sales of web banners and sponsorship across digital platforms
* Attend exhibitions where relevant. To represent PPMA Publishing activities
PPMA Machinery Directory / PPMA Internet Site:
* Sell advertising packages to members for print and online version of annual Machinery Directory
* Undertake sales activity to develop revenue and gain renewal business
* Maintain advertising sales records
* Send out media packs, features lists, publication etc., upon request
* Deal with enquiries for all publishing related matters
* Develop escalation protocols for managing communication crises, should they arise
In addition to the major responsibilities listed, there will be the need for involvement in other generic activities including:
* Participate in team training and development activities, to update skills and knowledge
* Be aware of and comply with the health and safety legislation and other requirements that are relevant to his/her post
* Demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm to promote the principle of equality and diversity in employment and service delivery
* Undertake such additional duties or projects as the Principal or line manager may determine from time to time, after consultation with the post holder
Key Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required:
* Ability to digest information and identify key topics or themes of interest to our members
* Networking skills to get to know and maintain good relationships with members, media and partners
* Knowledge of or interest in the UK manufacturing sector particularly processing and packaging, robotics and vision machinery would be desirable
* Solid sales background with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
* A willingness to travel to see members throughout the UK
* Good English essential – spelling, written & proofing
* Telesales experience essential
* Qualifications equivalent to at least five GCSEs at grades 9 to 4/A* to C including Maths & English
* A tenacious approach in securing business and being target driven is expected, as is the ability to handle incoming calls professionally and effectively
NOTE: Please be aware that the duties and responsibilities outlined above are not exhaustive and may be varied from time to time after consultation with the jobholder. They do not form part of the jobholder’s contract of employment