Blood Cancer UK
This role can be full time for 3 months, or part time over a longer period of time. Our ways of working are agile, so we are flexible around full-time/part-time and the role can work around other part-time or freelance work commitments.
To support our ambitious plans to engage with many more people affected by blood cancer, we need to do more to promote and embed our brand to tell our story and to increase understanding of blood cancer. To do this, we need to expand our library of multimedia assets to authentically reflect the diversity of people affected by blood cancer.
Your role as Multimedia Co-ordinator will include:
Scope and plan a series of photo shoots, ensuring the organisation’s photo needs are met and our image library is refreshed and up to date. The Multimedia Co-ordinator will coordinate photoshoots from sourcing suppliers and case studies to uploading the images and consents to the library.
You’ll also be responsible for co-ordinating video content gathering, from sourcing external suppliers and case studies to uploading the final edits and consents to the library.
1. To conduct an organisation-wide audit of gaps in the existing portfolio of images and video content for Blood Cancer UK
2. To work with teams across the charity to source case studies to take part in a series of photoshoots to ensure the photo library is fully representing the blood cancer community in a truly authentic way
3. To plan and co-ordinate photoshoots around case study and external photographers’ availability, obtaining consent from subjects and permits for photoshoot locations where needed
4. To store the final selection of images on the Blood Cancer UK digital asset management system, accurately tagging images to ensure they are easy to find through the search function
5. To support the team in planning and co-ordinating any film shoots required during the contract, including sourcing case studies, obtaining consent and storing as above.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
Strong planning and co-ordination skills
Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
Experience of working with, briefing and co-ordinating photographers
Ability to juggle multiple projects concurrently
Work collaboratively and share information within and across Marketing, Communications and Digital
Build and maintains good working relationships with colleagues and external contacts
A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity and the aims and values of Blood Cancer UK
Willingness to work evenings/weekends where needed to support shoots