My client, a B2B agency, is looking for a commercially minded Senior Marketing Automation Consultant to set up and grow a new specialist division for the agency. You will be responsible for planning and executing successful lead acquisition and nurturing campaigns, and ensuring the stability and development of existing automation ecosystems (especially how they integrate with Salesforce), initially working across the base of clients. You will be experienced in running audits and deriving business insights from complex data to structure and deliver automation campaigns, and to improve the customer experience at all stages of the customer journey.
The principal role will therefore be consultative, offering specialist guidance to clients to structure & set-up, to agree metrics and KPIs, and to implement, measure and optimize the digital automation aspects of all integrated campaigns for multinational clients. The ideal candidate will have a combination of Pardot and Marketo platform experience, training, business analyst insight, technical capabilities, and a solid understanding of marketing automation best practices.
Initially supporting the wider account management teams, your remit over time will be to build a specialist automation division around you as a separate profit centre. Therefore, you will grow and nurture client relationships in relation to our marketing automation consultancy: ensuring agency deliverables meet client expectations, as well as going above and beyond, constantly searching for new opportunities to drive relationship growth. The Marketing Automation Consultant will be primed to solve problems and thinking strategically, working with all key agency functions (strategy & insights, senior management, account handling, studio), and external suppliers, to maintain a consistently high quality of work and achieving desired project results.
This role includes:
• Developing the agency’s relationships and responsibilities with clients, building and implementing strategic account plans to grow our automation consultancy and responsibilities for each of them
• Assist the Strategic Client Director with the process of understanding all clients’ businesses, making themselves indispensable to the client marketing teams
Experience • Minimum of 5-years in an agency environment with a proven track record of working in a successful account team
• Experience in requirement gathering, design, development, testing and documentation of martech tools for clients
• Experience working with senior stakeholders (like Global Marketing Managers and Heads of Marketing Activation) to understand requirements, and to provide consultative advice and fully costed proposals
• Understanding of HTML and CSS (this is not a developer role, but the successful candidate will be technically competent for front end look and feel)
• Experience managing an implementation team/project manager
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
• Knowledgeable and passionate about client’s businesses, and where and how advertising and marketing contributes to success
• Responsible and accountable for their own and others’ work, delegating effectively to balance a varied and demanding workload, and appreciates that the team working well can achieve much more than any individual
• Knowledgeable and passionate about their client’s business, and where and how advertising and marketing contributes to its success