Ricardo Energy & Environment
Job Title: Head of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
Location: UK flexible
Salary – flexible d.o.e.
Ricardo Energy & Environment (REE) is a global sustainability consultancy, core to Ricardo Group’s vision of creating a world fit for the future. Our mission is to solve the world’s most pressing energy and environmental challenges.
We help governments, regulators, international agencies and the private sector understand the big picture and address some of the world’s most complex environmental challenges. We do this through market leading advice, underpinned by unparalleled evidence and policy insights relating to the energy and environmental agendas. Life Cycle Assessment is a core service area for the business which sets us apart from competitors with our cutting edge technical capability deeply routed in policy expertise in certain sectors, particularly transport.
LCA will continue to be a key growth area for the business supporting our clients to understand and implement their own sustainability, net zero and decarbonisation plans and aspirations (referencing the range of different titles c-suite gives these activities).
Our business consists of a team of over 650 consultants, engineers and scientists with world-leading energy, climate change and environmental expertise complemented by powerful digital and techno-economic capabilities. Our LCA team has grown rapidly over the last 2 years from 3 to 10 staff as part of our wider sustainability team of 60 people. We expect continued strong growth over the coming years.
The Sustainable Infrastructure & Operations Business Unit (SI&O BU):
The Business Unit’s focus is the consultancy services and solutions which support environmental action, with a significant focus on the decarbonisation of power and heat supporting the global net zero and low carbon agendas. Our LCA team supports our clients in their understanding of the challenges they face in decarbonising products and processes and links strongly to our circular economy and carbon management teams.
We have delivered a significant number of LCA projects over the last 4 years across a broad range of products and sectors; from automotive to building materials to specific low carbon technologies. We have been very successful at winning repeat business with existing clients.
The role reports to the Business Area Head for Sustainability and will work across the breadth of our capabilities within REE. The focus is on technical delivery of our LCA projects, building the capability of the team and winning repeat and new LCA business. We are looking for someone to take advantage of our excellent capability and track record, leveraging it continue the growth trajectory of this team.
You will be responsible for identifying, shaping and growing our LCA offering. Supported by a fantastic team of consultants within a strong existing team structure.
We are seeking an Associate or Technical Director with proven experience in:
* Delivering LCA projects
* Understanding the impacts of evolving changes in the UK and international environmental sector and its implications and opportunities for LCA
* Delivering year-on-on year growth in a consultancy setting.
* Working with industry partners and channels to develop new offerings or delivery partnerships
* Working with a consultancy team to ensure the quality and consistency of delivery of best in class service to our clients
* Working with a wider business development team and leadership team responsible for developing other offerings to support new opportunities across different areas of work
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional and consultative technical leader within an innovative and fast paced environmental consultancy business to make a significant impact the environmental agenda.
* The successful candidate will have a proven track record of technical consultancy delivery in LCA. The candidate will have the ability to understand and explain our capabilities to key decision makers and stakeholders, and develop compelling solutions tailored to their needs.
* Overall responsibility for our LCA delivery.
* Design and implement a plan to continue the growth of the LCA area.
* Establish and maintain existing and new relationships at senior levels / C-Suite within your customer base and internal stakeholders who can support the breadth of delivery our clients need.
* Establish internal relationships with consultants across Ricardo working actively together.
* Work closely within the Business Area to ensure clear communication of customer requirements and match this to resources and capability to ensure delivery to the highest level.
* Contribute to identifying new offerings and market requirements that the business can develop and sell to existing or new customers through established or new channels.
* Maintain the Ricardo premium brand and strong track record of delivering customer excellence.
* Identify and communicate intelligence on market requirements and opportunities.
* Creating profitable customer solutions.
* Proactive management of sales funnel and activity for opportunities you and your team are responsible for.
Key competencies and experience:
Candidates will have a technical or business background with relevant experience covering some or all of these areas:
* A detailed knowledge and understanding of LCA.
* Experience in working within a consultancy business.
* The ability to demonstrate strong pipeline management with strong commercial acumen in order to generate and close business.
* Professional business manner and working practice, able to set an example for colleagues.
* Capability and willingness to be self-sufficient in prospect generation, with support from the wider team, including marketing to supplement their own activity.
* High levels of drive and commitment; a self-starter, problem solver with the ability to turn ideas into reality.
* Ability to network successfully within the organisation, to make connections with key resources and experts across the business to achieve their business development objectives.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field.
* We would consider applicants for this post on a full time or part time basis, with flexible working a given.
* The role will demand UK and potentially in the future some international travel.
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking. Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.