Michael Page UK
Outstanding opportunity to join the University of Leeds in a leadership role
About Our Client
The University of Leeds, established in 1904, is one of the largest higher education institutions in the UK. This is an exciting time to join the University, we’ve recently announced our academic strategy for the next 10 years, Universal Values, Global Challenge. The strategy is rooted in our desire to make a difference in the world. It sets a blueprint for a values-driven university. One that harnesses expertise in research and education to help shape a better future for humanity, working through collaboration to tackle inequalities, benefit society and drive change.
To support our new strategy, we’re refreshing our marketing capabilities as we seek to develop both our campus and online educational offering significantly over the next few years. In line with this the University’s digital transformation agenda is redefining the nature of how both campus and online education is developed and delivered.
This role is pivotal in shaping the markets in which we compete, the propositions we develop and the strategies we deploy both to generate demand and engage applicants throughout the applicant journey. Reporting to the Director of Marketing (Education) the role holder will be responsible for the development of the University’s Market Research & Insight team, leading capability development in 4 core areas:
1. Market analysis and marketing planning
2. Applicant behavioural analytics
3. Pricing and fee analysis
4. Consistency of data analytics across student recruitment journey
This is a key role within the University’s Marketing Team to ensure new and emerging market opportunities are based on consumer insight and data intelligence. The post holder will be responsible for implementing a disciplined approach to supporting proposition development and ensuring that both our student and learner recruitment activity is informed by robust analytics.
· Lead and develop the Market Research and insight team; supporting the Team in its skills and capability development and creating new capability through a combination of recruitment and external partnership working. Specifically this will include market development and analysis of emerging opportunities and developments in our campus and online education portfolios.
· Work with the International Team to ensure we have an integrated approach to international market assessment and bring together robust market analysis and market insight to ensure our international recruitment activity is informed by both quantitative and qualitative assessments of market strength and attractiveness.
· Support the Director of Marketing in leading the Student Number Planning process, working with colleagues in Strategy and Planning to ensure plans are market informed.
· Support the Director of Marketing and the Faculty Heads of Marketing in the development of fee and pricing recommendations, including both ongoing reviews of campus fees, proposals for the development of refinement of scholarship activity and increasing capabilities in fully online pricing management and fee strategies.
· Work with the Senior Marketing Research and Insight Manager and Faculty Heads of Marketing, develop a robust process for evaluating new market opportunities for both online and campus education and supporting active management of our programme portfolio including launch, refresh and retirement processes.
· Play an active role in supporting the Director of Marketing and work collaboratively with colleagues on the Marketing Leadership Team to contribute to a significant refresh of the way in which the Marketing team is configured to best support the University’s strategic ambitions.
The Successful Applicant
· Strong well developed leadership and people management skills with a proven track record in team development
· Significant experience in monitoring, managing, manipulating and drawing rich insights from qualitative and quantitative digital and customer behaviour and sentiment data
· Demonstrable experience of working with senior leadership teams
· Strong technical research skills, including developing research approaches and knowledge of a range of quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
· Extensive experience in market and pricing analysis
· Expert communication skills with the ability to communicate to non-technical audiences
· Analysis and presentation of complex data sets to senior stakeholders.
· Advanced analytical skills and experience of producing appropriate management information and business intelligence for a range of purposes and audiences, including non-technical audiences, to inform senior-level strategic decision-making.
· Experience of utilising and managing external agencies
· Knowledge of the technical challenges of working with multiple and complex datasets, and experience of a range of data management and integration systems and reporting tools
· Demonstrate the ability to develop strong and trusted relationships with key stakeholders to support and enable strategic goals.
· A strong influencer and demonstrate proven ability to provide credible and pragmatic solutions to University challenges.
What’s on Offer
· Competitive salary
· Generous annual leave – 25 days paid holiday every year, plus approximately 15.5 days off for bank holidays and days when the University is closed
· Generous pension scheme
· Flexible work-life balance policies
· Onsite childcare centre
· Equality and Inclusion framework promotes a culture of inclusion, respect and equality for all
The closing date for applications is Sunday 28th November 2021.
Quote job ref