WHAT THIS ROLE IS HERE FOR
B&A is the venture building group within Accenture who focus on identifying, creating and launching new products, services and ventures for enterprises: our objective this year is to launch 10 new ventures in market.
The mission of an Associate Director is to identify multiple high impact, high purpose venture opportunities with our target clients, and to develop, launch and scale these new products and ventures in close partnership with
the client team. You will also have a key role to play in building the growth of the B&A business: contributing to the leadership of a dynamic, collaboration and progressive team; creating significant deals that bring together the
best of Bow & Arrow and Accenture; and pushing the quality of how we work together and deliver.
You’ll first and foremost be accountable for building and developing clients, typically owning the growth and quality of outcomes for one or two accounts; leading, inspiring and coaching a large co-sourced team, and delivering high impact, purposeful venture outcomes.
Ensuring the highest quality work is delivered across the projects within your account:
• Support and challenge project leads on their approach to the work and team management, keeping them plugged into the account and client context
• Provide light touch quality control on the work, while empowering project leads to take total ownership of outputs
• Support project leads in developing personal client relationships and developing their own sales opportunities
• Identify strengths in your project leads and adapt your support, partnering them on the work in the most impactful way
• Seek ways to improve the quality of the work by collaborating across the Accenture ecosystem
Accountable for the growth and delivery:
• Create clear and ambitious client objectives
• Form trusted relationships with the most senior client contacts
• Crack into new relationships where we don’t have ‘permission’
• Accountable for the delivery of revenue and profitability of your account, generating work for B&A and wider Accenture teams
• Transfer learnings across accounts with other B&A account leads
• Responsible for building relationships with Accenture account leads to identify new opportunities and support the overall account growth strategy
As a senior member of the team you will also have a strong role to play in leading our business across one or more areas, for example:
• Commercial – helping us develop and negotiate new and innovative pricing models for our work. Sharing best practice across all account leads and more broadly in Accenture.
• People – being responsible for a Family Tree of mentors and mentees, mentoring and supporting them in their growth and development
• Business development – leading net new pitches beyond your core account focus, helping us to win new clients and grow our portfolio across our focus sectors
WHAT WE ARE LOOK I NG FOR
You will work as a senior leader in our business. We look for people who are able to be at the forefront of the growth of our business, inspired by the challenge of growing our business and those of our clients. You will role model the mindset, values and attributes that embody us at our best.
We are particularly interested in people with experience in the Health or Financial Services sectors, although this is not a core requirement of the role.
Exceptional client partner and manager
1. Experience leading major transformational projects (£1m+) and delivering account growth through selling new work
2. Able to build deeply trusted coaching relationships with C-suite clients and partners
3. Has the gravitas and confidence to help the client see new opportunities, and encourage them to rally the resources to get there
Inspiring people leadership
1. Strong and inspiring presence in the business with the ability to create conditions for development and new growth
2. Skilled coach and mentor to peers, project leads and others, and able to form excellent partnerships across B&A teams (creative, strategy, commercial, talent), and Accenture teams
3. Demonstrates strong emotional intelligence and self-awareness, can adapt their style for highest possible impact
Long-term business building expertise
1. Has a solid understanding of the operational requirements for launching and scaling ventures – eg investment casing, technology build, scalable operations, growth marketing
2. Commercial expertise in pricing long-term venture consulting engagements that involve multi disciplinary teams and/or 3rd party partners across all stages of the agile project cycle
3. Able to shape and deliver complex client briefs with other internal and external leads
Leads with the values
1. Driven – Stretches the thinking of our team, raises the bar on our and our clients’ ambition
2. Fearless – Challenges other leaders and partners in the business. Leads by example on proactive tough conversations externally and internally and inspires others to do the same
3. Better – Role models best in class work quality – able to push the quality of the work or pull in others to do the same
4. Generous – Makes time for others; giving support, coaching, direction, challenge and advice
5. Real – Brings their whole self to work; expects the same of others
About Bow & Arrow – Part of Accenture Interactive
Bow & Arrow is an entrepreneurial team of 50 ‘Genius Misfits’. We identify, incubate and launch new digital ventures, products and services with our clients that fulfill unmet customer needs, have a positive impact, and deliver new revenue. We do this for clients including Airbnb, BMW MINI, Virgin Media, Google, British Airways and GSK.
Bringing together the sharpest creative, strategic and commercial minds, we work in tight, friendly, collaborative start-up teams to accelerate concepts from idea to market, quicker than anyone else can. We are guided by a set of core values and driven by a collective desire to make a positive impact in the world through the work we do every day.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT BEING PART OF THE B&A TEAM
• An opportunity to play a key role in the leadership team of a progressive, growing and entrepreneurial business
• Transformational growth and learning, through a culture focused on open feedback and regular mentoring and coaching
• Being part of a close-knit team that works hard and has a lot of fun along the way