Education Development Trust
About the role
Job type: Permanent, full-time (35 hours per week)
Salary: £37,000-41,000 (dependent on experience)
Location: Reading (with significant flexibility for remote working)
Benefits: We offer 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), a 6% matched pension scheme, excellent training and development opportunities, and family friendly policies to support flexible working. We also offer a suite of voluntary benefits including a health cash plan, ride to work scheme, and retail discounts.
About us: Education Development Trust is an education charity that exists to transform lives by improving education around the world. We work collaboratively with national and local governments, schools and other partners to design and deliver sustainable solutions to improve education.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer to join our Marketing and Public Affairs team. With a respected, growing international brand, we are looking for an experienced Graphic Designer with strong strategic thinking, who can develop high quality creative solutions that communicate our services, aims and achievements to diverse and discerning audiences, which include governments and donor agencies.
Your work will directly support front line colleagues and senior stakeholders to demonstrate the intellectual expertise, programme management experience and impact that the company offers our UK-based and international clients. With support from marketing colleagues, you will have an ability to turn concepts and processes into graphic design for use on a range of mainly digital channels, in addition to maintaining the existing high standards of all branded materials.
You will work closely with our In-house Copywriter and Editor on development of materials, and be responsible for maintaining our agreed creative and brand identity of EdDevTrust across all channels as brand guardian.
This can be a predominantly home-based role, but you will be required to travel to our Reading head office approximately twice a month at your own expense. There will also be occasional travel required to other UK locations, which will be paid for.
The successful post-holder will:
– Have extensive experience designing for an agency or in-house function.
– Have the ability to understand and interpret process models, intellectual concepts and turn them in to accessible, illuminating graphic design.
– Have designed a range of branded materials which accurately and attractively interpret brand strategy.
– Be able to develop creative ideas and design solutions for a wide range of organisational outputs including web pages, social channels, advanced PowerPoint presentations, impact reports, events collateral, video content (including editing) etc.
– Have a good working knowledge of the B2B marketing discipline, especially the role of brand in supporting organisational growth.
– Be able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity in the execution of their work in both colleagues liaison and design.
– Be able to challenge diplomatically, and arrive at a consensus.
Closing date: Tuesday 7th December.
Interviews will take place over the 16th and 17th December via Microsoft Teams.
There will also be a pre-interview task for shortlisted applicants.
Please note, we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and reserve the right to close our vacancies early.
About the organisation:
Education Development Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults whom we work with and come into contact with around the world. All applicants are subject to thorough screening and for applicable roles, successful candidates are subject to relevant criminal record checks with national police authorities or the UK’s Disclosure and Barring Service.