Schroders Investment Management
Who we’re looking for
We are seeking to recruit a Content Specialist. We need someone with the skills, experience and drive to deliver tailored and relevant content for investment audiences across Continental Europe. This is a key role within the Schroders Content Group, part of the company’s Global Marketing & Communications function.
The role would suit a strong communicator who has experience of liaising with senior stakeholders. They must know how to bring investment issues alive through distinctive content, be it written, visual or through audio. They must also be able to plan content campaigns with meticulous detail. Experience of data visualisation would be preferable.
Content specialist, Europe
Responsibilities and duties:
• Working within the Content Group to deliver distinctive, tailored content to European clients.
• To understand client demand and interest, country by country, segment by segment.
• To understand the commercial priorities of the European business.
• To create bespoke content for those clients, liaising with other content creators and content strategists to make this happen.
• To identify topics of interest through interaction with marketers and sales people.
• Attend Global Content Calls and European marketing calls.
• Gather content requests from European marketers and work together to develop analytical insights about client interest.
• Make the most of multi-media opportunities, delivering “hero” packages of content with words, data visualisation, video and audio.
• Liaise with central social media specialists to create specific content assets for social.
• Liaise with fund managers, economists, research analysts and other subject matter experts to gather insights and turn them into distinctive content.
• Make the most of opportunities on search engines.
• Understand how the content is distributed – PR, direct to client, social, content promotion – and create each content asset with this in mind.
• Commission freelancers, creating clear briefs.
• Publish content via the content management system.
Skills and knowledge:
• Top class writing and editing skills.
• A natural story-teller.
• An aptitude and instinct for creating distinctive content.
• Experience of gathering analytics on content performance and using the insights in the content creation process.
• Ideally, experience of working in the investment management industry or, as a minimum, an understanding of investing and investment concepts.
We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for more than 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, to prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We’re close to our clients, in the heart of the UK’s financial centre. We have everything we need to work flexibly.
You’ll be part of a dynamic and award-winning Marketing and Communications global team. Marketing and Communications is at the forefront of the business in client engagement, enabled by innovative digital and content initiatives.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Proficient in use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and collaboration tools e.g. Microsoft Teams
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team environment
• Ability to forward plan with meticulous detail
• Ability to use own initiative, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
• Good attention to detail
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience of using content management systems
• Experience using workflow management tools
• Experience working with global teams
What you’ll be like
• You will be both creative and analytical
• A great listener who is able to understand business challenges and proactively offer innovative solutions to address them
• Reliable in planning and project delivery.
We’re looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You’re welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability