The Electoral Commission have an exciting opportunity for a Campaign Manager (Campaigns and Corporate Identity) to join the team.
Salary: £49,284 per annum
Job Type: 3-year contract full timeDirectorate: Communications, Policy and Research
The Electoral Commission is the independent body which oversees elections and regulates political finance in the UK. We are looking for an experienced public awareness campaign manager to help us ensure that voters can have understand how to participate in the democratic process and can cast their vote with confidence. Our public awareness campaigns span multiple channels and media. We work with a wide range of stakeholders to reach every eligible voter, through paid for media, stakeholder management, PR, and digital outreach.
Campaign Manager- The Role:
We are looking for an experienced marketing or communications professional to lead public awareness campaigns within our Campaigns and Corporate Identity team.
As a Campaign Manager you will be part of the team that delivers our multi-media campaigns ahead of elections and sets the standards for our external communications. You will lead on new campaigns which will help people participate fully in elections across the UK. You will set the strategy and timelines for a range of workstreams.
This is an exciting and important role which will need careful planning and strategic thinking skills and an excellent ability to work at pace and deliver creative, value for money campaigns to all voters in the UK. You will work with stakeholders ranging from government officials to small civil society organisations and will need to be able to understand the needs of our audiences.
Campaign Manager – You:
– Three years’ experience in running high level public awareness campaigns with a focus on behaviour change
– You will understand how and when to deliver sometimes complex messages to the public and how to evaluate your success
– The right person for this role will establish themselves as the authoritative owner of the projects they manage
– They will use their excellent interpersonal skills to develop good relationships with internal and external stakeholders and be able to influence others effectively to meet objectives
– To be successful in this role you will need initiative and to work well without close supervision
– You will also need strong written and verbal communication skills, have an eye for detail and be good at making sense of complex information
– Being able to use sound judgement and to think creatively about how to solve problems and make improvements are also essential qualities in this role
– You will also be adept at managing others and will have experience of managing or mentoring or working in a matrix project management structure
Campaign Manager – More information and how to apply:
We offer excellent terms and conditions, including flexible working hours and the opportunity to join the Civil Service pension (dependent on scheme rules).
We would like to continuously increase the diversity of our employees. Applications from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic candidates are particularly welcomed.The closing date for applications is 15th November 2021.
Interviews will take place the week commencing the 29th November 2021.
Video conferencing tools will be available for the interviews and may be required. We will confirm details with shortlisted candidates.
Apply for this role online with a supporting statement showing how you meet the criteria in the job description.
To submit your application for this exciting Campaign Manager opportunity, please press ‘Apply’ now to be redirected to our website